Eco-Schools Award - To help us in our quest to become a 'Sustainable school' we have been working hard towards the Eco-Schools Awards. We have already gained the Bronze and are now working towards achieving the Silver award.
There are lots of criteria to meet to gain the silver award and therefore we need to ensure that we have everything in place that we need in order to pass the assessment.
The Bronze award criteria focuses on getting the Eco-Schools structure set up so you have everything in place to tackle the eco work you have planned.
Bronze award criteria:
- The school has an Eco-Committee consisting of pupils and adults
- The group meets at least once every term
- Records are kept of meetings
- The Eco-Committee has completed an Environmental Review covering the Eco-Schools nine topics
- Results of the review have been discussed by the Eco-Committee
- The Eco-Committee has produced a basic Action Plan influenced by the Environmental Review and shared the plan with the rest of the school community
- The Eco-Committee can identify progress towards achieving elements of the Action Plan
- The school can indicate that environmental issues have been covered within curriculum work
- The school has a prominent, designated display board, displaying eco-school activities.
Silver award criteria
This focuses on strengthening pupil leadership and whole school involvement while the school starts to work on at least one of the Eco-Schools topics in depth.