Inclement Weather Guidance
During the winter months it is important that you are aware that Academy closure will only be considered if the condition of the site poses a health and safety risk to students and staff or road conditions are deemed to be too hazardous for travel to and from school. In the unlikely event that the Academy has to be closed, the decision will be taken on a day to day basis.
- Information will be shared with all parents/carers via DoJo. If parents are not on DoJO a telephone call will be made.
- Wherever possible the Academy will make an announcement on Radio Sheffield and/or Hallam FM confirming our decision to close the Academy.
- If the snow fall is particularly heavy during the day, the Academy may decide to close early and send students home before 3.00pm. Parents will be informed about any decision to send students home early as soon as possible via DOJo or phone calls.
- There are no changes to the Academy uniform policy on a day of snow or ice. However, it makes sense for students to wrap up warm. If students decide to wear different footwear for the journey to school, every effort should be made to change into school shoes on arrival.
- ‘Snowballing’ on the Academy site is not allowed. Snowballing can often result in damage to property or more importantly, injury to a young person. Any student who behaves in an unsafe manner and puts the health and safety of others at risk will be sent home immediately. Please note we have a 'zero tolerance' on this.