To reduce the amount of cash in school we accept payments online for items such as dinner money, school trips, milk money, after school clubs and much more. We us a secure website called ParentPay. You are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. If you prefer we can order you a PayPoint card for payment of dinner money, this enables you to pay at any shop where you see the Paypoint sign.
What are the benefits to parents and students?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like.
- The technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind.
- Payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint cards.
- Full payment histories and statements are available to you securely online at any time.
- Your children won’t have to worry about losing money at school.
- Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS text.
What are the benefits to the Academy?
The more parents that use ParentPay, the greater the benefit is to the Academy. Using ParentPay ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure helping us to remove costs associated with us having to manage cash securely on the school premises
How to get started with ParentPay
Once your consent has been given, we will send you your account activation username and password.
On receipt of these:
- Visit www.parentpay.com
- Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. NB. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account - registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
- Once activation is complete you can go to straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment
Q. Why can’t I add a child to my ParentPay account?
A. This is normally because we have not received consent for the child that is being added. Consent forms can be printed off our website under the Parentpay section or you can request one from the school.
Q. I have consented but not yet received my log on details?
A. Data is updated into parentpay every Monday – Activation letters will be sent out within 5 working days of the data being uploaded.
Q. Why can I see music tuition on my ParentPay account?
A. All products, services and trips available to a student will show on the ParentPay Account. Some of these items are optional and therefore only purchase if applicable to your child. Music Tuition is available to every student so will show on every ParentPay account.
Q. I have a ParentPay account set up for my child but I cannot see an item to pay for a specific trip they are going on or lunches etc?
A. Either the item has not been set up on ParentPay yet or the student has not been assigned to that item. In these circumstances, please contact the school advising the childs name, year group and trip or item you wish to pay.
Q. When can I log in to my account?
A. Once you have received your activation letter from school with your activation login details you’ll be able to activate your account and start making payments. This letter will be sent to you soon by your school.
Q. Which cards can I use?
A. ParentPay accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards, and Maestro, Switch, Delta, Electron, Solo and Visa debit cards. Some schools may limit the use of credit cards for some transactions; you will be informed by the school directly of any such restrictions.
Q. Is it safe to make payments on the internet?
A. Yes. ParentPay uses leading technology to process your card transactions securely. All communication with the bank is encrypted and neither ParentPay nor the school have access to your card details.
Q. How can I check that it’s secure?
A. Standard website addresses begin with http; the address for a secure site will always begin with https. You will also see a padlock at the bottom/top right of the screen on our login page and after you have logged into your account; never enter your card details or personal data on any web page whose address does not start https.
Q. What about our personal information?
A. ParentPay holds a very limited amount of information about you and your child solely for the purpose of administering your account; however ParentPay does not use your personal information other than for supporting the school. We do not share or give information to any other organisations. We operate under strict guidelines set out by the Data Protection Act 1998. ParentPay will NEVER contact you by phone, email or mail and ask you to divulge confidential information like passwords or card numbers. If you are ever contacted by someone claiming to be from ParentPay, please contact us immediately on 0845 257 5540.
Q. I don’t have a home PC so how can I use ParentPay?
A. Why not visit your local library, internet café or see if you can get access to a computer at work alternatively ask if you can use your school’s computers. Many schools have computers available for parents and will be happy to show you how to use them.
For more information please visit ParentPay