There are various online resources available to inform you and your child about the importance of e-safety at home and at school. Click on the links below to find out more.
1. CEOP Resources - This website has lots of information and resources for teaching online safety.
2. Professor Garfield - This is an excellent app starring Garfield that teaches children about cyberbullying through a comic and games. It is free to download from the app store for Apple devices. It is not currently available for other devices (e.g. Android).
3. Hector's World - This is an excellent resource full of online safety information. Aimed at Key Stage 1.
Hector's World Episode 1 - Internet Safety and Cyberbullying
4. KidSmart - This is a very comprehensive website for learning all aspects of looking after yourself online, such as digital footprints, how to use the internet safely, recommended safe search sites and 'smart rules' for using the internet. Aimed at Key Stage 2.
5. Zip It, Block It, Flag It - This code has been developed by the UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS). It's also known as the 'Click Clever, Click Safe' code. The site sets out the aspects for each part of the code and the important of following each step to help use the internet safely and understand the risks of being online. Aimed at everyone.
6. ThinkUKnow - Clear information about how to use the internet, set out in a very user-friendly way. Aimed at Key Stage 1.
7. ParentInfo - Launched alongside The Parent Zone, this website provides information for parents on lots of different issues that may be concerning you about your child's welfare. Aimed at parents of children of all ages.
8. Childnet - A really useful website with lots of important and easy-to-use resources for making the internet safe for children.